Highlight-AnzeigenIhr Inserat auch immer ganz oben!? [Info]
|QA Specialist Billing (m/w/d) | von Schleupen SE|
|Webentwicklung / Webseite, Wordpress, React, HTML, CSS | von byteNative|
|Netzwerkadministrator (m/w/d) | von DUNLOP TECH GmbH|
Beschreibung des Angebotes: Art: Freelance
Biete: Energy Data Engineer (f/m/d)
von Marcus Berkenhagen in Berlin | Firma „Agora Energiewende gGmbH“ | Freelance
Agora Think Tanks are pursuing the goal of achieving climate neutrality worldwide by the middle of the century. With currently around 150 employees at four locations worldwide, we combine research, dialogues, and technical assistance. We inform policymakers, economists, researchers, and civil society while encouraging a productive exchange of ideas. Our policy proposals are practical and free of prior ideological commitments. We are a non-profit organisation funded by foundations and public institutions and hence are beholden neither to business nor to politics. Our exclusive mission is to serve the climate.
Agora’s Data Visualisation, Analytics, and Modelling team leads the development of database services, analytical and modelling tools, as well as visualisation products for Agora Energiewende, Agora Industry, and Agora Agriculture. It is a growing cross-organisational team working at the intersection of our sectorial, policy and communication work in all geographies (Germany, EU, international). To strengthen our team, we are looking for an:
Energy Data Engineer (f/m/d)
full- or part-time role based in Berlin
Your responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the technical development of high-quality online visual charts and interactive dashboards, with a focus on database integration (back-end development) and/or visualisation and web integration (front-end development);
- Contributing to Agora’s modelling activities in the energy and industry sectors, focusing on the development of nimble tools preferably based on open-source solutions and providing an expert interpretation of modelling outputs to support analytical and high-quality visual insights;
- Working closely with our expert teams within Agora to maximise communication reach and impact by deriving additional analytical insights through data processing and visualisation;
- Engaging with Agora’s partner network and the wider energy data and modelling community, sharing best practices and supporting knowledge and capability development.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work in a mission-driven, highly motivated and professional team on an essential task for the future;
- A diverse and international working environment in a cooperative working atmosphere with flat communication and decision-making hierarchies;
- An attractive workplace in Berlin, and the option of hybrid working with good digital facilities;
- Opportunities for professional and personal development and advancement, including access to a mental well-being platform;
- Weekly breakfast, team events and other get-togethers with colleagues from around the globe;
- Assistance with the visa process for international candidates;
- 29 vacation days plus two more work-free days on December 24th and 31st and a full- or part-time role with initially a two-year employment contract.
We are looking for:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject with strong quantitative skills, e.g., computer science, data or natural sciences, engineering, design, or economics, preferably related to energy.
- While experience in all listed technical skills is preferred, we will also consider candidates with a strong background in most of them:
- Expertise in Python (ideally also PyPSA modelling framework) and SQL languages (ideally in MySQL and PostgreSQL database management systems);
- Familiarity with pandas, NumPy, SQLAlchemy, Frictionless, and DataPrep packages would be advantageous;
- Familiarity with gathering data from various sources and storing them in databases (i.e., manual entry, automated feed, and through APIs);
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Flourish, D3.js, etc.;
- Proficient in using version control systems such as GitHub;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to work well in a team-oriented environment and in collaboration with stakeholders;
- Knowledge of energy and industry decarbonisation topics and datasets (Germany, EU, and/or international) is advantageous;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of German is advantageous.
If qualified, the advertised position can be upgraded to a Technical Project Manager (f/m/d) position.
Prerequisites for this are:
- Relevant professional experience (min. 4 years) with front-end and back-end data development;
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to work dynamically to meet deadlines and manage risks in a growing organisational environment.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application by the 30th of April 2023 through the following application form: https://agora-energiewende.jobs.personio.com/job/1062114#apply.
For reasons of objectivity, we ask that you refrain from submitting an application photo.
We want an energy transition for everyone from everyone. Therefore, we are particularly pleased to receive applications from people from groups that have been underrepresented in energy policy so far. We welcome applications regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability and age, and sexual orientation. Unfortunately, our offices are not completely barrier-free, but we are open to finding individual solutions.